In this very "go go go" world that we live in, it can be easy to put your appearance on the back burner. We don't always have the TIME to make sure that we look our absolute best and sometimes we're just too tired to even bother.
Is that just me?
I know that when I have a million things going on, the easiest thing to do is throw my hair in a bun, put on a warm coat and converse sneakers, and jet out the door. But when we take that extra time, those extra 20 minutes, to do our hair, we ultimately feel the most confident and ready to take on the day.
Since that's not always easy to do, I've come up with a few ways that we can ALL look our best in the quickest and easiest ways possible. Enjoy!
1) Make sure that your hair looks the very best it can. You will never regret taking those extra minutes to curl and spritz your hair. This is hard for me. Being a woman of color, our hair is a very popular topic for discussion because it's so unique. There are so many things we can do to it that sometimes I get overwhelmed! Should I wear a wig? Or my natural hair? Should I braid it or do a protective style? For me, making the extra effort to spritz my hair with some sheen spray and keep it neat always makes me feel very put together.
2) Keep your makeup and jewelry light. Less is more when it comes to makeup and accessorizing. The idea is to keep it light so that it's LESS work for you! Light foundation and blush with mascara can go so far. Wearing stud earrings or a few rings, shows that you put extra effort into your look. It's a great way to complete your look without it being too time consuming.
3) Find your COLORS. Figure out what colors work best for your skin tone and work them to your advantage. Try to keep a theme to your wardrobe so that you can mix and match pieces easily! You want to wear things that will be flattering and draw positive attention to your beautiful face. You will look much more put together, if you're wearing colors that work well together and work well with your skin.
4) Keep your nails are manicured. You can give yourself a manicure at home, but for ME, I have to get them done. My hands are too shaky y'all. You don't even have to have a color on them! (I like to have "ballet pink but, you do you :) ) Manicured cuticles, lotion on your hands and short, shiny nails always look nice. You can do what makes you feel best, but I prefer to stay away from the "talons".
5) Always have a trench coat ready. Layers really help in tying your look together. In particular, a trench coat is such a classic outerwear piece, you can pair it with almost anything and it will look like you put so much effort into your outfit, even if you didn't. A great way to wear a trench is with a nice crisp white tee tucked into some blue or black skinny jeans and flats. Throw a trench coat over and you've taken your outfit from drab to FAB.
Keep a look out on my channel for the official video on this coming soon! Where I give you many more tips and tricks.
What are your favorite ways to stay polished? Let me know in the comments below!
#femininity #lookpolished #feminineblogger #girlyblogger #girlythings #howtolookpolished #styleblogger #styletips